We warmly welcome all American Football fans to our humble news website.
We provide the latest NFL Football News, Scores and game statistics, so you dont have to search multiple locations online. Our aim is to be the number one provider of American Football news around the globe. Free, Quality news flashes and stories delivered in record breaking time for our readers and subscribers. Since 2008 we have consistently kept the American Football news alive.
The lastest ESPN NFL News can be sourced below:
- Wed, 21 Nov 2018 14:16:34 +0000: The bow on Drew Brees' historic career? An MVP trophy in epic season - www.espn.com - NFL
The 39-year-old Brees is having an extraordinary season, and the Saints are the league's best team. Put No. 9 at No. 1 in the right-minded MVP standings.
- Wed, 21 Nov 2018 13:52:53 +0000: 49ers fan missing from MNF game found dead - www.espn.com - NFL
The body of San Francisco 49ers fan Ian Powers, who went missing during a Nov. 12 Monday Night Football game at Levi's Stadium, has been found and identified, according to Santa Clara authorities.
- Wed, 21 Nov 2018 13:33:32 +0000: What's behind the fire that fuels Michael Thomas? - www.espn.com - NFL
What's the origin of Michael Thomas' competitive streak, the likes of which Drew Brees says he has never seen? A never-ending need to make himself feel undervalued -- and prove his haters, real or self-made, wrong.
- Wed, 21 Nov 2018 12:28:30 +0000: 4 of Julio Jones' relatives wounded in shooting - www.espn.com - NFL
Authorities say four relatives of Atlanta Falcons wide receiver Julio Jones have been wounded in a shooting at an Alabama trailer park.
- Wed, 21 Nov 2018 01:23:42 +0000: Gonzalez, Reed, Bailey among HOF semifinalists - www.espn.com - NFL
Tony Gonzalez, Ed Reed and Champ Bailey, who headline the first-year eligible players for the Pro Football Hall of Fame's class of 2019, were among 25 semifinalists announced Tuesday.
The Official News Bulletins for The Guardian Newspaper in the UK for NFL can be viewed below:
- Tue, 20 Nov 2018 05:41:26 +0000: LA Rams outslug Kansas City Chiefs in third-highest scoring NFL game ever - NFL | The Guardian
- Rams outlast Chiefs 54-51 in Monday Night Football classic
- KC’s Patrick Mahomes passes for 478 yards, six touchdowns
Jared Goff threw a 40-yard touchdown pass to Gerald Everett for the go-ahead score with 1:49 to play, and the Los Angeles Rams outlasted the Kansas City Chiefs for a 54-51 victory on Monday night in a high-octane NFL offensive showdown that somehow surpassed the hype.
Patrick Mahomes threw six touchdown passes in his latest jaw-dropping performance for the Chiefs (9-2), but he also threw two interceptions in the final 1:18 as the Rams (10-1) claimed the highest-scoring Monday night game ever played and the first NFL game with two 50-point performances.
Chiefs-Rams, by driveContinue reading...
* Fumble return for TD
* Kneeldown to end half
* INT return for TD
* Fumble return for TD
- Tue, 20 Nov 2018 01:30:20 +0000: Valentine Holmes free to pursue NFL career after Cronulla release fullback - NFL | The Guardian
- Sharks ‘no option’ but to grant star player his wish
- Holmes will return to Cronulla if unsuccessful in the US
Valentine Holmes’ NRL career is on ice after Cronulla granted the fullback’s wish for an immediate release from his contract on Tuesday to pursue a career in the NFL.
The Sharks had been trying to tie Holmes down to a five-year extension, which would have made him the highest paid player in the club’s history, but the club said it had “no option” but to allow him to leave.Continue reading...
- Mon, 19 Nov 2018 10:00:25 +0000: There are far better female NFL head coaching candidates than Condoleezza Rice - NFL | The Guardian
The former US Secretary of State has been linked to the Cleveland Browns job. The story highlights important issues within professional sports
The story caused a buzz in the football world on Sunday: former US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice was being considered for the head coach position of the Cleveland Browns. Like many people who saw the headline, I felt perplexed.
There is no question that Rice is a smart woman, and beyond her academic accolades, she is an ardent sports fan, and in particular she loves football. In fact, in October 2013 Rice was chosen as one of the 13 inaugural members of the College Football Playoff selection committee. That appointment surprised many, but when it was revealed that Rice watched “14 or 15 games every week live on TV on Saturdays and recorded games on Sundays,” her part-time job made more sense.Continue reading...
- Mon, 19 Nov 2018 09:00:25 +0000: The brilliant Saints just turned the Eagles' Super Bowl hangover into a coma - NFL | The Guardian
Philadelphia suffered the worst ever loss by a defending champion on Sunday. The team that beat them could end up taking their crown in February
It was the worst loss ever by a defending Super Bowl champion. The New Orleans Saints demolished the Philadelphia Eagles 48-7 on Sunday. The Eagles fell to 4-6, good for thirdplace in the NFC East, with their playoff hopes fading fast. Meanwhile, with the statement victory over the reigning champions, the Saints made a strong case that they should be the favorites to win it all this season.
It was ugly for Philadelphia football history too, as it was the most lopsided Eagles loss since a 42-0 shellacking at the hands of the Seattle Seahawks back in 2005. That 2005 team was also just months removed from a Super Bowl appearance, albeit a loss. This more recent embarrassment seemed to be representative of a team that has not just been suffering from a Super Bowl hangover but something more serious. A Super Bowl coma, perhaps. Just a few months ago, Philadelphia had reason to be optimistic: not only were they coming off an impressive championship run they were getting back starting quarterback Carson Wentz, who they lost to an ACL tear late in the regular season last year.
Alex’s leg is exactly like mine 33 yrs ago
I feel so bad for him.
Julio Jones was an All-Pro safety in another life... pic.twitter.com/NI7d4x13uMContinue reading...
- Sun, 18 Nov 2018 22:02:44 +0000: NFL round-up: Alex Smith's gruesome leg injury overshadows Washington loss - NFL | The Guardian
- Quarterback has broken tibia and fibia in his right leg
- Lamar Jackson leads Baltimore to win in first start
Justin Reid returned an interception 101 yards to help the Houston Texans overcome a mistake-prone Deshaun Watson and beat Washington 23-21 on Sunday for their seventh consecutive victory.
Washington’s loss came at a significant price when quarterback Alex Smith suffered a gruesome injury on a sack in the third quarter. Smith’s right ankle turned the wrong way as he was sacked by Kareem Jackson and JJ Watt on a play eerily similar to Joe Theismann’s broken leg that came exactly 33 years ago to the day, and ended his career. Washington coach Jay Gruden later said Smith is done for the year and had broken the tibia and fibula in his right leg.
Alex’s leg is exactly like mine 33 yrs agoContinue reading...